POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : The fruits of my labour : Re: The fruits of my labour Server Time
7 Sep 2024 05:13:12 EDT (-0400)
  Re: The fruits of my labour
From: Invisible
Date: 22 Sep 2008 04:41:06
Message: <48d75a22@news.povray.org>
scott wrote:
>> (Regardless of how many octaves my keyboard has, the computer only has
>> samples for 5 octaves. It seems silly to speak of "only" 5 octaves,
>> but this *is* organ music...)
>
> Write some code to generate the organ sounds algorithmically ;-)

Bah, my synthesizer already *does* that! ;-) It just doesn't sound as good.

Mind you, it's only subtractive synthesis. Reaktor's Steam Pipe engine
could probably get closer. But ya know, every single note of a real
organ is very slightly different. It would be kinda hard to simulate
that with a computer. Worth a try though, just for a giggle...

It *might* be easier to just tell Kontakt to change the sample playback
speed a little. :-P