POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : The fruits of my labour : Re: The fruits of my labour Server Time
6 Sep 2024 23:22:55 EDT (-0400)
  Re: The fruits of my labour
From: Invisible
Date: 22 Sep 2008 04:05:08
Message: <48d751b4$1@news.povray.org>
m_a_r_c wrote:

> Common it is .Stress and adrenalin, to deal with you'll have. ;-)

Wise words from Master Coda. (Get it??)

> Sometimes in studio, the sound engineer lets the performer play as if it was
> rehearsal or a level check but actually recording.
> Of course you need a partner for that... oh and you can't tell him "please
> record but don't let me know"

Heh. That's just mean!

Mind you, I'm recording a MIDI file. It would be fairly trivial to go
back and edit it to make it sound perfect. But all that really does is
demonstrate that *the machine* can play it OK, which we already know! ;-)

>> However... this only works if one note is near another. My hands "know"
>> how wide the keys are. But if I need to move my whole hand to a different
>> part of the keyboard, I still need to be able to see where I'm going. If
>> that makes sense...
>
> That makes sense but with further practice (I mean without looking at your
> hands at all) your arms and shoulders can learn the keyboard span as if they
> came with a GPS (oh err bad example).

When I'm giving a recital, I like to stare the audience in the eye, and
optionally gave them my best psychotic smile. It usually makes an
impression.

>>> But for someone who doesn't practice at least 3 hours a day for several
>>> years, it's pretty impressive what you've got there with that little bit
>>> of work.
>> Thanks! I spent literally *days* decoding the score and rehersing the
>> playing. ;-)
>
> That's a pretty good result :-)

Why thank you. :-)

> Next stage the 16th notes arpeggio? >:-)

Hey, I can do that too... just... not at the same time! :-}

The music you heard is already using both of my hands! (Remember, I
don't have a set of pedals to use.) I could try using my computer to
composite the parts together, but I rather suspect I'm going to run out
of octaves.

(Regardless of how many octaves my keyboard has, the computer only has
samples for 5 octaves. It seems silly to speak of "only" 5 octaves, but
this *is* organ music...)

Anybody have any bright ideas about how I get my hands on a real pipe
organ to try this stuff out?