POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : The fruits of my labour : Re: The fruits of my labour Server Time
6 Sep 2024 23:21:40 EDT (-0400)
  Re: The fruits of my labour
From: m a r c
Date: 22 Sep 2008 03:05:50
Message: <48d743ce@news.povray.org>

48d73e98$1@news.povray.org...

> It's strange - I can sit down and play the music endlessly for 2 days
> straight, but as soon as I hit the record button, I start making mistakes
> all over the place. :-S Most irritating!

Common it is .Stress and adrenalin, to deal with you'll have. ;-)
Sometimes in studio, the sound engineer lets the performer play as if it was
rehearsal or a level check but actually recording.
Of course you need a partner for that... oh and you can't tell him "please
record but don't let me know"

> However... this only works if one note is near another. My hands "know"
> how wide the keys are. But if I need to move my whole hand to a different
> part of the keyboard, I still need to be able to see where I'm going. If
> that makes sense...

That makes sense but with further practice (I mean without looking at your
hands at all) your arms and shoulders can learn the keyboard span as if they
came with a GPS (oh err bad example).

>> But for someone who doesn't practice at least 3 hours a day for several
>> years, it's pretty impressive what you've got there with that little bit
>> of work.
>
> Thanks! I spent literally *days* decoding the score and rehersing the
> playing. ;-)

That's a pretty good result :-)
Next stage the 16th notes arpeggio? >:-)

Marc