POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : The fruits of my labour : Re: The fruits of my labour Server Time
6 Sep 2024 23:22:21 EDT (-0400)
  Re: The fruits of my labour
From: Orchid XP v8
Date: 21 Sep 2008 15:20:05
Message: <48d69e65$1@news.povray.org>
Tim Attwood wrote:
> That sounds good!

Yay! Recognition! :-D

> It's noticeable that you are reading though,
> especially the pauses.

Um... no. Didn't even have the sheet music out while I was playing. I
can't read anywhere near that fast. It takes me a minute or two to
decode each note by counting up or down from the A-line.

As an aside, the top line alone has 32 notes per bar. Surely no human
being can actually *read* that fast. Indeed, just glancing at your
fingers to check they're in the right place would take several notes'
duration. So I'm not sure how it's physically possible to read this
music at the same time as playing it.

In fact, I'd go as far as to say that this piece of music is only
playable at all because it's quite repetative and structured...

> It probably would
> sound better to keep the rhythm going even
> if you hit the wrong chords.

You're probably right about that.

There are some amazing key changes in the latter parts of the tune; I
just wish I hadn't got such big pauses in there. (It's HARD though!) On
some of the takes, those pauses are almost non-existent (but I stuffed
up somewhere else instead). Ho hum!

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/