POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : The fruits of my labour : Re: The fruits of my labour Server Time
6 Sep 2024 23:22:24 EDT (-0400)
  Re: The fruits of my labour
From: Orchid XP v8
Date: 21 Sep 2008 14:53:11
Message: <48d69817$1@news.povray.org>
Orchid XP v8 wrote:

>   http://download.orphi.me.uk/Music/G3/WidorToccata.ogg

...so clearly you're going to need something capable of decoding and
playing Ogg Vorbis audio files. If you're on Linux, good luck finding a
music player that *can't* do this! ;-) If you're on Windoze, either
install WinAmp, or go here

   http://www.xiph.org/dshow/

and grab the latest DirectShow filters. That should make Windows Media
Player play it without issue.

> Anyway, enough of that - what do you guys thing of my playing skills?

Hey, c'mon - 2:30 of continuous playing with hardly any wrong notes,
missed notes or even pauses. It's one thing to be able to play a tune.
It's another thing to actually sit down and play a complex piece of
music for several minutes without stopping or lifting. Anybody who's
tried to do this for real will tell you that! ;-) This is about the 12th
take or something. All the prior takes I made a mistake somewhere in the
tune. This was the most flawless take I could manage.

(Now if I *wanted* to edit, I could take several imperfect takes and
merge the best bits. But I wanted to present something "live".)

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/