POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Doomed? : Re: Doomed? Server Time
7 Sep 2024 07:25:39 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Doomed?
From: Orchid XP v8
Date: 21 Sep 2008 14:16:31
Message: <48d68f7f$1@news.povray.org>
>> Tell me about it! I just discovered that adding a breakpoint doesn't
>> actually do anything - you have to add a breakpoint *and* turn it on. o_O
>>
>> WTF? I ask you...!
>
> Huh? Might depend on how you add the breakpoint, but if you just click
> on the grey bar left of your sourcecode, an (active) breakpoint is added
> to that line. How did you add an incactive breakpoint?

I clicked on the big shiny button that says "toggle breakpoint". It
looks like a big grey square, and sure enough, when you click it, a big
grey square appears at that line of the source code. Only by accident
did I discover that you have to click on this breakpoint to make a big
red dot appear on it, and *then* it will do something. (It is unclear to
me what the hell use an inactive breakpoint is, but still...)

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/