POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Delphi : Re: Delphi Server Time
7 Sep 2024 05:12:10 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Delphi
From: Gail
Date: 21 Sep 2008 12:51:52
Message: <48d67ba8@news.povray.org>
news:48d653cf@news.povray.org...
> Warp wrote:
>> Saul Luizaga <sau### [at] netscapenet> wrote:
>>> any suggestions besides Haskell? (I'm checking its website right now).
>>
>>   Well, if you want to learn what the industry is using, Java and C# are
>> probably sure bets.
>
> Yeah, C, C++, C#, Java, VisualBasic, ASP.NET, any of those... Those are
> the ones I tend to see job adverts for, in general.

ASP.Net's not a language. It's a web development 'framework'. ASP.net pages
are written in C# or VB.Net (or any other .net language).
To add to that, php  (often with MySQL) for web development. I'm starting to
see a couple ads for Ruby, but not very many.

Saul, are you looking to learn a langage for hobby work or professionally?