POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Doomed? : Re: Doomed? Server Time
7 Sep 2024 05:13:51 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Doomed?
From: Darren New
Date: 21 Sep 2008 11:08:36
Message: <48d66374@news.povray.org>
Orchid XP v8 wrote:
> Like if you go File > New > File... and then select "CPP File", it
> doesn't add it to the current project. (And opens the file browser in a
> random spot.) You must instead right-click on the "Source Files" node of
> the current project and select "Add item..." and select "CPP File", and
> *then* it automatically puts the file in the correct place, adds it to
> the project, and lets you compile and run it. Sheesh!

Oh, yeah, OK. But you can also add files that aren't in the project. So
if you create a CPP file that's outside the "solution", you can then
choose to add it to the solution later.  Not really an "out of order"
problem so much as a "too many choices" problem. :-)

> Yeah. I remember the self-same thing with Visual J++ Studio, 10 years
> ago! ;-)

I was thinking stuff like installing interrelated packages, drivers, etc.

--
Darren New / San Diego, CA, USA (PST)