POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Doomed? : Re: Doomed? Server Time
7 Sep 2024 05:11:20 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Doomed?
From: Orchid XP v8
Date: 21 Sep 2008 10:50:58
Message: <48d65f52$1@news.povray.org>
Darren New wrote:
> Orchid XP v8 wrote:
>> Hmm, you really have to do stuff in *exactly* the order it wants,
>> don't you? Man this thing's inflexible!
>
> Uh, like what?

Like if you go File > New > File... and then select "CPP File", it
doesn't add it to the current project. (And opens the file browser in a
random spot.) You must instead right-click on the "Source Files" node of
the current project and select "Add item..." and select "CPP File", and
*then* it automatically puts the file in the correct place, adds it to
the project, and lets you compile and run it. Sheesh!

> But yeah, a lot of Microsoft stuff can be like that.

Yeah. I remember the self-same thing with Visual J++ Studio, 10 years
ago! ;-)

>> Clearly this thing is designed for programs *way* bigger than "Hello
>> World". I can't help thinking that if Hello World is all you're trying
>> to write, this is massive overkill.
>
> Yep. The full-blown product has stuff like automated unit testing built
> in, and even the cheap $99 version has stuff like automated source
> control built in.

Ooo, I *so* must buy that!!!1!eleven!

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/