POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Doomed? : Re: Doomed? Server Time
7 Sep 2024 05:13:42 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Doomed?
From: Darren New
Date: 21 Sep 2008 10:41:36
Message: <48d65d20@news.povray.org>
Orchid XP v8 wrote:
> Hmm, you really have to do stuff in *exactly* the order it wants, don't
> you? Man this thing's inflexible!

Uh, like what?  But yeah, a lot of Microsoft stuff can be like that. I
don't really remember that to be the case in VS. Maybe getting something
set up in the first place the first time is more tedious than I remember.

> Clearly this thing is designed for programs *way* bigger than "Hello
> World". I can't help thinking that if Hello World is all you're trying
> to write, this is massive overkill.

Yep. The full-blown product has stuff like automated unit testing built
in, and even the cheap $99 version has stuff like automated source
control built in.

--
Darren New / San Diego, CA, USA (PST)