POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Doomed? : Re: Doomed? Server Time
6 Sep 2024 23:18:54 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Doomed?
From: Orchid XP v8
Date: 21 Sep 2008 10:21:54
Message: <48d65882$1@news.povray.org>
Orchid XP v8 wrote:

> ...still not found a way to compile things yet...
>
> At this rate, I'm going to have to look in the help file. (!!) o_O

Ha. Haha. Ahahaha!

Of course, a mere "help file" would be far too easy. No, we must have an
interactive tutorial... *sigh*

(I was afraid of this!)

Ohhhohhhh... so *that's* how you make it compile?

Hmm, you really have to do stuff in *exactly* the order it wants, don't
you? Man this thing's inflexible! Oh well, at least I figured out how to
work it. Heh. Even if it *is* about as intuitive as... something... not
very intuitive... (First person to say "Haskell" gets a slap!)

Clearly this thing is designed for programs *way* bigger than "Hello
World". I can't help thinking that if Hello World is all you're trying
to write, this is massive overkill. Oh well, it's faster than running
GCC on a virtual machine! (And it has a real editor, not Nano. And I
even found out how to make it stop ****ing with my text layout!)

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/