POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Delphi : Re: Delphi Server Time
6 Sep 2024 23:22:46 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Delphi
From: Warp
Date: 21 Sep 2008 06:45:58
Message: <48d625e5@news.povray.org>
> If you want to write complex mathematical algorithms, or just something
> that involves lots of complex processing, Haskell is probably a good fit.

  One of the most demanding programming tasks in mathematical software is
matrix handling. We are talking about *huge* matrices and their operations
(such as multiplication or inverting) which the math program should handle
as efficiently as possible (both memorywise and speedwise). Quite many
mathematical tasks and other algorithms can be reduced to handling
enormous matrices and their operations.
  If I'm not mistaken, a more or less standard benchmark for math software
is to measure how fast it can multiply and invert humongous matrices.

  How well does Haskell fit this? Can it be used to handle enormous
matrices efficiently and perform operations to them as fast as possible?

--
                                                          - Warp