POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : "Toccata". It means "hard". : Re: "Toccata". It means "hard". Server Time
6 Sep 2024 23:23:04 EDT (-0400)
  Re: "Toccata". It means "hard".
From: John VanSickle
Date: 21 Sep 2008 01:58:24
Message: <48d5e280@news.povray.org>
Orchid XP v8 wrote:
> I have just spent THREE HOURS pouring over the sheet music for Widor's
> Toccata. Oh my GOD!! This is sooo hard... It sounds pretty neat when you
> get it right though. ;-)

I lead singing at a church which employs congregational singing (and
nothing else) as its musical part of worship.  I know about one-sixth to
one quarter of the songs in the song book.

I can pick up a song very easily if I hear the melody, but learning by
reading (even though we use shaped notes in the songbooks) has always
been difficult for me.  The last time I was asked to lead a new song I
fired up Sonix 2.0 (an old Amiga program) to learn it.  I found out why
the song was obscure, and haven't led it since.

Regards,
John