POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Delphi : Delphi Server Time
6 Sep 2024 23:23:57 EDT (-0400)
  Delphi
From: Saul Luizaga
Date: 20 Sep 2008 17:41:03
Message: <48d56def@news.povray.org>
Since there are many programming experts here I'd like to please give me
you r opinion about this programming Language since I'm very much a noob
programmer and would like to pursue a more in depth knowledge about a
programming Language since I would eventually I'm gonna need to do my
own small tools and I find C/++ a powerful but extremely bizarre
programming environment, that is why I like Delphi. I know that skillful
programmers see Delphi like a limited language but I wont be needing
make a Windows XP like system so, what I need is something simple with
some fixed structures (in C++ you can make a several lines program
inside a FOR loop and some other not-for-program-body-structures,
flexible? yeah, in deed, like: TOO MUCH = bizarre) and powerful enough
to go multi-threaded(multicore capable) and runable in Windows, I
haven't tried CLipper or other popular programming languages so if you
could briefly tip me about what you felt when programming on other
languages besides C/++ or Delphi and the reach of their capabilities
would be of great help or a link, if you have it at hand, on
reviews/forums about programming languages comparisons.

Maybe this is something I should be looking on dogpile/cuil by myself,
but right now I'm beaten, been a PC tech maybe is a low-knowledge job
but takes the juice out of you when you do it with 3 PC/Notebook at the
same time and you sleep 4 hours a day the whole week.

Thx in advance for any good will you would be pouring here.

Cheers.