POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : A question : Re: A question Server Time
7 Sep 2024 07:26:11 EDT (-0400)
  Re: A question
From: Darren New
Date: 19 Sep 2008 15:44:32
Message: <48d40120$1@news.povray.org>
Invisible wrote:
> What *I* want to know is... in films, it's common to just punch somebody
> in the head and them be instantly knocked out. Is it actually possible
> to do this IRL?

Yes. What you need to do is a kind of sideways blow to the jaw area, so
your head turns rapidly to the side. I'm told that if your brain spins
around inside your skull (not all the way around, obviously), it tends
to have the capability of knocking you out. Just getting hit frontwards,
or over the top, isn't the same sort of thing (altho I imagine it might
make you pass out from some other cause).

--
Darren New / San Diego, CA, USA (PST)