POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Games programmers : Re: Games programmers Server Time
7 Sep 2024 07:23:54 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Games programmers
From: Darren New
Date: 19 Sep 2008 14:30:22
Message: <48d3efbe$1@news.povray.org>
Mueen Nawaz wrote:
> It's not how programmers do stuff typically.

One thing I haven't worked out.  Warp keeps saying "don't use new", by
which he means "let the experts who understand C++ deeply write the
libraries that use new, and you just use the libraries."  OK, I can
handle that.

But ... how realistic is that in a large program with complex data?
Consider something like POV-Ray - isn't that going to have to be using
"new" as it builds the scene, as it calculates bounding boxes, and stuff
like that?

--
Darren New / San Diego, CA, USA (PST)