POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Dancing baby : Re: Dancing baby Server Time
7 Sep 2024 07:22:38 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Dancing baby
From: Mueen Nawaz
Date: 19 Sep 2008 11:27:29
Message: <48d3c4e1$1@news.povray.org>
Warp wrote:
> Mueen Nawaz <m.n### [at] ieeeorg> wrote:
>   IMO there's the danger in such generic filtering that it will sometimes
> filter something which is *not* an ad, and might be relevant to the contents
> of the website.

	Hasn't happened yet. Perhaps I did block non-ads, but they weren't
important enough for me to realize.

>   I prefer using adblock on a site-by-site basis. In other words, whenever
> there's an obnoxious ad that bothers my concentration, I block images from
> that url+path.

	I used to do it on a site basis, but it didn't work well for me. I
don't want to merely remove ads from sites I visit often. I want to
remove them from as many sites as possible, including a site I've never
seen that I may visit today.

--
Inoculatte: To take coffee intravenously when you are running late.

                    /  \/  \ u e e n     /  \/  a w a z
                                    anl