POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Dancing baby : Re: Dancing baby Server Time
7 Sep 2024 07:26:03 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Dancing baby
From: Mueen Nawaz
Date: 18 Sep 2008 23:39:36
Message: <48d31ef8$1@news.povray.org>
Invisible wrote:
> So this is a Firefox question.
>
> Does anybody know how to turn off image loading, but only for one website?

	Here's what I have.

	General ad image blocking, I use adblock as Warp pointed out. At the
bottom of my message you'll find the regexps I use - works well enough.
If you want to be really thorough, get Adblock Plus, which I believe
allows you to automatically download good filtersets.

	Flashblock has been mentioned, but I've never used it. Instead, I use
NoScript. It prevents scripts of any kind from loading (Java,
Javascript, Flash, etc). It's quite customizable, and you could probably
  use it for just one page. I find it convenient to have it on all the
time and simply whitelist certain pages.

	Like FlashBlock, Noscript will show a clickable area wherever there's
Java/Flash content. You merely have to click it and press OK to get just
that aspect of the site working.

	(Then there's CookieSafe for your cookie concerns...).

[Adblock]
/\/pagead\//
/qksrv/
/\/(web)?ads?\//
/fastclick/
/\/(linkshare|pagead)\//
/imdb\.com\/(google\/|.*\.swf)/
/servedby|maxserving/
/atdmt/
/doubleclick|tribalfusion|fastclick|atdmt|servedby|qksrv/
/\/(web)?ads?\./
/us.a1.yimg.com/
/\/adv\//
/adserving/
/\/banners?\//

--
If a mute swears, does his mother wash his hands with soap?

                    /  \/  \ u e e n     /  \/  a w a z
                                    anl