POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Dancing baby : Re: Dancing baby Server Time
7 Sep 2024 07:25:34 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Dancing baby
From: Alain
Date: 18 Sep 2008 23:00:53
Message: <48d315e5@news.povray.org>
Invisible nous illumina en ce 2008-09-18 06:04 -->
> So this is a Firefox question.
>
> Does anybody know how to turn off image loading, but only for one website?
>
> The C++ tutorial Warp pointed out seems fairly good, but the Flash
> animations are maxing out my CPU (to the point where I can't scroll the
> window). And it's just annoying having to constantly turn image loading
> on and off by hand...

There is a FlashBlock addon available. I have it. It's one of those "can't live
without" things, side by side with the addblock addon.
Go on the Mozilla web site, navigate to the addons section and search for
flashblock.
You can configure it to disable all flash but those you want. It use a white
list. The place where a flash is suposed to appears is still there, but with a
"F" button allowing you to start THAT flash, this time.

--
Alain
When we get piled upon one another in large cities, as in Europe, we shall