POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : So many colours : Re: So many colours Server Time
7 Sep 2024 01:20:08 EDT (-0400)
  Re: So many colours
From: Kevin Wampler
Date: 18 Sep 2008 18:01:57
Message: <48d2cfd5@news.povray.org>
Invisible wrote:

> More to the point, how do you even think up something like that?? I
> would have no idea which colour combinations would look good, and which
> wouldn't...

There's some rules of thumb that you can learn to help guide you, but
you there are also a surprisingly large number of sites devoted to
exactly that question, for example http://www.colourlovers.com/

Also, in the case of the image you gave, I think that it's a pretty
common theme to pick some colour and create a background from minor
variations on it, so it's probably a lot easier than you'd think to
design such a thing.