POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : New router : New router Server Time
7 Sep 2024 01:22:06 EDT (-0400)
  New router
From: St
Date: 18 Sep 2008 12:55:19
Message: <48d287f7$1@news.povray.org>
Dammit, this was hard to install and setup! Heh...

  I bought a Netgear router and it took nearly a day to install and setup,
and honestly, I don't know *how* I did it. I changed so many settings that I
think it was just luck in the end. Anyway, it's working now.  :)

  Ok, so those of you that are more experienced than me with routers, is
there anything that I should look out for? Security wise? I mean, this
router has an onboard firewall, but I have no idea whether it's active or
not. Where are the folders? lol. I have one folder called 'Netgear' in C:,
but as far as I can tell, none elsewhere...  :oO

    But this folder contains nothing usable, (it looks like that to me at
least), so how do you get 'into' these things?

    Also, in the tray, I have the two network tv's flashing away, but when
you hover over the icon it gives the speed as 100Mbps! o.o

    So where can I look locally to get the correct speed?

       ~Steve~