POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : A question : Re: A question Server Time
7 Sep 2024 07:20:41 EDT (-0400)
  Re: A question
From: Invisible
Date: 18 Sep 2008 04:53:31
Message: <48d2170b$1@news.povray.org>
>> What *I* want to know is... in films, it's common to just punch somebody
>> in the head and them be instantly knocked out. Is it actually possible to
>> do this IRL? Is it really that easy? Do you wake up with just a headache,
>> or permanent brain damage? Surely you'd at least have bruising??
>
> That is a very bad idea and my advice is not to try it at home (or anywhere
> else :-)

So noted.

> You can recover fast and leave then die in the next hours.

Oh, nice! So like the Death Cap then?

> Even without bleeding, a brain shock can cause lifelong after-effects.

Mmm, nice...

> Films often give the impression that it is like taking a sleeping pill but
> that's not so harmless.

> with a minimum of seriousness.

See, for example, Pirates of the Caribean: Curse of the Black Pearl.
Will gets smashed over the head with some kind of metal implement and is
instantly knocked out. Next morning, he wakes up with a sore head, and
sets off to rescue the damsel in distress... hmm?