POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : A question : Re: A question Server Time
7 Sep 2024 01:24:07 EDT (-0400)
  Re: A question
From: Slime
Date: 17 Sep 2008 23:46:09
Message: <48d1cf01$1@news.povray.org>
> In films, I have several times seen people be knocked unconscious, or lost
> consciousness for some other reason, only to be brought back round by
> another person making them sniff some chemical.  Whatever chemical it is
> seems to work almost instantly to make them awake again.
>
> Question: Does such a substance exist in real life?  What is it?

Once when I was getting surgery on part of my back, I started feeling light
headed (I don't handle surgery or needles or anything like that very well).
I told the nurse and she put something under my nose and told me to breathe
in hard. I didn't get a very good look at it but it was the size and shape
of a tootsie roll. Anyway, when I breathed in it burned my throat and made
me cough really hard, but I immediately felt *way* better. I don't know if
that was smelling salts or not.

It happened again during the same surgery, and even though I knew how
unpleasant it was I breathed in really hard because of how well it had
worked the first time.

Actually, I'm wondering if it's commonly available or if it has negative
side effects.

 - Slime
 [ http://www.slimeland.com/ ]