POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : A question : Re: A question Server Time
7 Sep 2024 01:22:26 EDT (-0400)
  Re: A question
From: Warp
Date: 17 Sep 2008 14:27:48
Message: <48d14c22@news.povray.org>
m_a_r_c <jac### [at] wanadoofr> wrote:
> At least a big one less yes : HIV
> The AIDS pandemia started during the very late 70's

  The first documented and confirmed case happened in 1959, but it didn't
become a pandemia until 1981, so yeah.

> I think it makes a huge difference.

  You are right. Nowadays people are morbidly afraid of becoming in
contact with other people's blood, for the fear of HIV. One of the few
phobias which is actually more beneficial than harmful.

  Curiously, people don't seem to be too afraid of the (by far) more
common way of getting the disease: Random sex. They just trust on the
safety of condoms (even though it's well-known fact that condoms can
fail, due to ruptures, even microscopic ones).

  This is, in fact, something I have never understood. People seem to
think that as long as they don't know if the other has HIV or not, they
are "safe". If you ask any of these people: "Would you have sex with
someone you *know* has HIV, even with a condom?" I'm pretty sure that
the honest answer would be a definite "no".
  However, "would you have sex with a person from who you *don't know*
if they have HIV or not?" the answer seems to be "yes". They seem to be
willing to take the risk in this case.

--
                                                          - Warp