POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Job security : Re: Job security Server Time
7 Sep 2024 01:19:53 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Job security
From: Invisible
Date: 17 Sep 2008 09:10:44
Message: <48d101d4$1@news.povray.org>
>> First I'd have to have a way to monitor Internet traffic...
>>
>> (And secondly, I rather suspect news.povray.org might come out tops,
>> so maybe this isn't such a hot idea after all!)
>

> The best - and worst - about being the only one who takes care of the
> network is that you know when a sniffer or filter is set up - because
> you set it up ;-)

Hmm... LOL!

Actually, IIRC the last time I tried this (many years ago) the top site
in terms of traffic was www.knightsofold.com or something wierd like
that, with all traffic coming from just one machine on the LAN. It was
16% of our total bandwidth usage. And povray.org wasn't even on the
chart. (But that was before I became the Mascot...)

Currently it's not possible for me to do any sniffing except for
broadcast traffic. It's completely possible to reconfigure the network
switches, but I don't have access to them. I'm only the tea boy, after
all...