POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Games programmers : Re: Games programmers Server Time
7 Sep 2024 07:22:31 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Games programmers
From: Invisible
Date: 17 Sep 2008 04:10:21
Message: <48d0bb6d$1@news.povray.org>
Slime wrote:

>> 1. all your endevours fail
>
> Learn to recognize the things you *are* good at and build some confidence in
> yourself. Don't spend all your time focusing on the things you can't do yet;
> look at what you've done that other people wouldn't even bother to try. When
> you fail, make a conscious effort to learn from your mistakes.
>
>> 2. nobody except you actually gives a damn anyway
>
> Sometimes you only need to please yourself!

It just feels like my life is like Groundhog Day, you know? If I do
something well, nobody comes up to me and says "Hey Andrew, you did that
really well." If I have a bad day, nobody comes up to me and says "Don't
worry Andrew, it'll be better next time." Basically no matter what I do,
the outcome is always the same: nobody comes up to me and says anything.

You say I should have more confidence in my abilities, but when nobody
ever tells you you've done something well, you start to wonder whether
you really have, or whether you're just overestimating your achievements.

It's just really hard to find motivation when no matter what, whether
you did really well or really badly, the outcome is always exactly the
same. You start to wonder why you're bothering...