POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Games programmers : Re: Games programmers Server Time
7 Sep 2024 09:25:03 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Games programmers
From: Slime
Date: 17 Sep 2008 02:22:49
Message: <48d0a239$1@news.povray.org>
> I somewhat doubt that knowing Smalltalk, Java, Tcl, PostScript and Haskell
> is going to be of any help in learning either C or C++.

I think they will. Not in specific ways, just in that you've learned to wrap
your mind around a lot of different types of languages. But I guess we've
already discussed this. =)

> It's just very difficult to find motivation when
>
> 1. all your endevours fail

Learn to recognize the things you *are* good at and build some confidence in
yourself. Don't spend all your time focusing on the things you can't do yet;
look at what you've done that other people wouldn't even bother to try. When
you fail, make a conscious effort to learn from your mistakes.

> 2. nobody except you actually gives a damn anyway

Sometimes you only need to please yourself!

 - Slime
 [ http://www.slimeland.com/ ]