POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Radiance and irradiance question : Re: Radiance and irradiance question Server Time
10 Oct 2024 01:38:53 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Radiance and irradiance question
From: Alain
Date: 16 Sep 2008 17:15:39
Message: <48d021fb$1@news.povray.org>
Severi Salminen nous illumina en ce 2008-09-15 13:40 -->

> Damn it. I have to chew on this one a bit. I need my renderer to give
> accurate results and I want to be able to define light sources using
> real units.

Just what do you call "real" units for your light?
Each and every "real" unit we use are totaly arbitrary, and somewhet dependent
on the method used to mesure them.
You can define the power and intensity of a given light several way, and
different light that have the same value for any given unit can look very different.
Just try to compare a 1000 LUX incadessent light bulb, sodium light, mercury
light, fluoressent light, and argon light. They all look different. Some will
look brighter, some dimmer, not counting the variation in colouration...
In fact, the sodium will probably look the brighter, and the argon one dimmer.
The yellow sodium keep your iris more open, while the bluish argon light will
cause your iris to contract a lot.

--
Alain
If you are good, you will be assigned all the work. If you are really good, you