POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : DirectSound Buffer Size : Re: DirectSound Buffer Size Server Time
7 Sep 2024 01:19:56 EDT (-0400)
  Re: DirectSound Buffer Size
From: Saul Luizaga
Date: 15 Sep 2008 08:08:08
Message: <48ce5028$1@news.povray.org>
scott wrote:
>> If you know a free utility or a way to do it manually would greatly
>> appreciated, all I could find searching the Internet (Google, Cuil,
>> DogPile) was programmatic ways to do it, and/or configure it for
>> specific programs/applications.
>
> As Warp says, the program sets its own buffer sizes - I don't know of
> any way to override that.
>
> Did you try turning down/off sound hardware acceleration?  (Control
> Panel -> Sounds and Audio ->  Speaker Settings -> Advanced -> Performance)

Actually this game takes advantage of Hardware Sound Acceleration, it
has a setting for software and hardware buffers to use, was in software
by default with no improvements.

I have been able to play it normally for 1 mission at the time, when I
try to start the following mission is when the sound problems show, at
some point in game for small instants the sound stutters but is not a
big deal until the next mission. BTW i have 33 hardware sound buffers.