POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Radiance and irradiance question : Re: Radiance and irradiance question Server Time
7 Sep 2024 01:20:48 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Radiance and irradiance question
From: scott
Date: 15 Sep 2008 03:52:38
Message: <48ce1446$1@news.povray.org>
> The way to do it is to integrate over hemisphere at that point acording to
> light
> transport equation. In 2D scene it would be I(1.0 * cos x  dx) and we have
> to do
> it from -pi/2 to pi/2. Right?
>
> The value of that is sin (pi/2) - sin(-pi/2) = 2. Hmm. Not right. Or is
> it? Most
> likely I'm integrating incorrectly or the wrong thing.

You calculated the total light power collected at that point from all
direction (and hence the amount emitted assuming 100% reflectance).  The
correct answer is 2.  You'll get the same answer if you try to work out how
much light power is emitted from a point on the sky, in fact the integral is
the same.