POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : White hat? Black Hat? : Re: White hat? Black Hat? Server Time
10 Oct 2024 10:22:26 EDT (-0400)
  Re: White hat? Black Hat?
From: somebody
Date: 13 Sep 2008 18:52:49
Message: <48cc4441$1@news.povray.org>
news:48cc1a36@news.povray.org...
> somebody <x### [at] ycom> wrote:
> > "Warp" <war### [at] tagpovrayorg> wrote in message

> > >   Hacking a computer, however, is a hobby.

> > Everyone's entitled to their own opinions, but it's this type of
thinking
> > that glorifies something that which in actuality is a crime.

>   Perhaps you understood incorrectly my sentence. "Hobby" did have a
> completely neutral meaning in it.

That's my point, calling it a hobby gives a legitimizing impresion. Hacking
into other people's systems can no longer be called a hobby than robbing
banks can. It's not neutral, it carries a criminal element. Why is it so
hard to understand that certain "bit and bytes" can fall into "other
people's property" category? It's their system, their data. You have no
right whatsoever, even with good intentions, to violate their property.