POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : White hat? Black Hat? : Re: White hat? Black Hat? Server Time
10 Oct 2024 06:15:02 EDT (-0400)
  Re: White hat? Black Hat?
From: Orchid XP v8
Date: 13 Sep 2008 11:39:54
Message: <48cbdeca@news.povray.org>
somebody wrote:

> And one more thing to say on the subject: Why is it that people think the
> ease by which one can commit a cybercrime justifies it?

I don't think anybody does.

> No shop owner is required to keep their
> wares under lock in all times in order to be able to charge a thief.

No, but you know what? Their wares usually have somebody standing over
them to protect them. I rather suspect that if you just took some stuff
and left it unattended in the middle of the street and then tried to
prosecute the guy who stole it, you wouldn't get very far.

It's not that you have to make theft "impossible", but you have to make
*some* kind of effort.

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/