POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Simply CGI : Re: Simply CGI Server Time
7 Sep 2024 07:25:29 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Simply CGI
From: Orchid XP v8
Date: 13 Sep 2008 10:14:47
Message: <48cbcad7$1@news.povray.org>
Warp wrote:

>   We clearly have completely different definitions of "installing a
> program".

Yes.

To me, if you can use a program just by running it, that's not
"installing" it.

If, however, you have to insert DLLs into particular folders, create
registry keys and configure environment variables, that's "installing"
something.

The former means you can just drop the binary only (say) a USB flash
drive and use it anywhere. The latter means that you have to do some
setup (and probably removal) at every PC.

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/