POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Games programmers : Re: Games programmers Server Time
10 Oct 2024 13:12:32 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Games programmers
From: Mueen Nawaz
Date: 12 Sep 2008 19:55:44
Message: <48cb0180$1@news.povray.org>
Invisible wrote:
> The long and short is, I spent several months at college using C, and I
> always round it excrusiatingly difficult to get any of the programs to
> work properly. Unfortunately that's just the way C is designed; nothing
> is checked, the programmer is assumed to know exactly what they're
> doing, and if the programmer does something wrong... well that's just
> too bad.

	I thought we were talking about C++.

> In C, just concatinating two strings is an ugly, complex operation. In
> fact, it seems to be easier to just write one string to stdout and then
> write the other, rather than trying to actually concatinate them. The
> language seems to make every tiny little operation really awkward and
> difficult. No thanks...
>
> Still, since I am the *only* person on the entire news server who thinks
> this, I guess I should just let it go.

	Yes, but how much fun was Haskell 10 years ago? You're looking at the
state of the wrong language at the wrong time. Do you not think it has
been refined since then?

	And besides, in C you have the STL which makes such operations somewhat
easier. Not as nice as C++, perhaps, but more manageable.

--
Lisa: Oedipus killed his father and married his mother.
Homer: Who payed for THAT wedding?

                    /  \/  \ u e e n     /  \/  a w a z
                                    anl