POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Games programmers : Re: Games programmers Server Time
10 Oct 2024 15:14:58 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Games programmers
From: Gail
Date: 12 Sep 2008 17:28:58
Message: <48cadf1a@news.povray.org>
"andrel" <a_l### [at] hotmailcom> wrote in message
news:48C### [at] hotmailcom...

> The ij is originally 'ii' with the second 'i' notifying that it is a long
> vowel. Nowadays it is a single glyph (unless you are using American
> software). The sound changed in the area where the official dutch
> originates to be the same as the 'ei' 'vowel'.

Afrikaans has the 'ji' construct, usually as part of the diminutive suffix
'tjie', but in other places too

>> Die taal is maklik vergelyk its soos Zoeloe.
>
> Het blijft leuk om een taal van de andere kant van de wereld te zien die
> je gewoon kan lezen. Al moet ik zeggen dat als iemand het spreekt het meer
> dan een paar seconden kost om het te vertalen en ik dus elke keer de draad
> kwijtraak.

I'm gonna have to ask for a translation of that. Lost in the 2nd sentance.
My afrikaans isn't as good as I made it out to be.

> BTW Gail, somewhere in october I will hear if there is a change to visit
> SA in 2015. There is also a change that we will be involved in
> preparations for that and be there in februari or so...

Feb next year? Cool. It's a good time of the year to visit, if you like hot
weather.
Joburg, Cape