POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Games programmers : Re: Games programmers Server Time
10 Oct 2024 15:15:58 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Games programmers
From: Warp
Date: 12 Sep 2008 17:10:55
Message: <48cadadf@news.povray.org>
Nicolas Alvarez <nic### [at] gmailcom> wrote:
> I think it was Linus Torvalds who said:

> "It's like that while(*p++ = *q++) strcpy code. It works, sure, but it's the
> worst code in the world."

  I wouldn't put too much weight on what Torvalds thinks is good code and
bad code. Sure, he developed the linux kernel, but his views of programming
and programming paradigms are just nuts.

  (I'm not saying he is wrong in this particular case, just that I don't
consider him any kind of authority or expert on programming and programming
practices.)

--
                                                          - Warp