POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Games programmers : Re: Games programmers Server Time
10 Oct 2024 21:17:45 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Games programmers
From: scott
Date: 12 Sep 2008 10:35:34
Message: <48ca7e36$1@news.povray.org>
> How to translate from the concept in your mind to a working program.

I didn't get the impression that is what Andy was complaining about, after
all he says he can program in Java, so converting from concept to C
shouldn't be very different from converting from concept to Java.  I assume
he can also program POV SDL, and has dabbled in BASIC etc.

If you'd only ever programmed in Haskell or some other functional language,
then sure I can see how you might have a hard time writing some C even if
you knew all the commands and syntax.

> That you can use a word processor and have a plot in mind does not
> necessary imply that you can write a good story. Especially if the story
> has to be written in a language that doesn't fit your preferences.
> Exercise: rewrite your reply in Dutch. Hint: we use for all practical
> purposes the same alphabet.

Sure, teach me all the words you use and any grammar rules and it shouldn't
be too hard.