POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Games programmers : Re: Games programmers Server Time
10 Oct 2024 19:23:02 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Games programmers
From: Gail
Date: 12 Sep 2008 09:37:50
Message: <48ca70ae@news.povray.org>
news:48ca500c@news.povray.org...
>>>   while(*v++ = *s++);
>>>
>>> I mean, what THE HELL...?
>>>

>> I doubt that's the recommended way of copying an array any longer
>
> I doubt that was *ever* the "recommended" way. And yet I, a person who
> doesn't know C very well, am aware of this example. What does that tell
> you? ;-)

That you're looking for examples of why the language is incomprehensible.
That you had a bad lecturer/textbook at university
That you're reading up on why C++ is bad and what constructs are known to
cause problems.

Taking the example to my prefered language, I'd say that 80% of people who
have worked much with SQL can and will use cursors, yet every expert in SQL
will tell people to never use them
Does that mean that SQL is incomprehensible to the average person and a
language that's easy to break things in?