POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Changing viewpoint of cylindrical camera : Re: Changing viewpoint of cylindrical camera Server Time
3 Jul 2024 05:44:40 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Changing viewpoint of cylindrical camera
From: Chris B
Date: 12 Sep 2008 07:46:48
Message: <48ca56a8$1@news.povray.org>
> I couldn't find out how the "right" vector
> is used for cylindrical cameras.

I think you need to specify
  right -1
which seems to work.

> I found a kind of cheap workaround by simply defining a
> higher cylinder (in this case y=0.5 to y=1.5) and then
> cropping all the images, which works, but is quite
> uncomfortable.

If I understand correctly, what you want is what gets rendered with the
'cylinder 1' type camera projection if you specify the command-line option
+sr120 (or wherever you want the rendered image to start), but you want that
rendered portion of the image to take up the full image height. Because you
want to do it a lot of times it would be a pain to render the image at twice
the height and subsequently crop it using an image processing product.

I can't see any POV-Ray options that would give you that (maybe someone else
can).
I can think of ways of scripting that outside POV-Ray if you're interested.

Regards
Chris B.