POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Games programmers : Re: Games programmers Server Time
10 Oct 2024 11:22:21 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Games programmers
From: Invisible
Date: 11 Sep 2008 10:57:22
Message: <48c931d2$1@news.povray.org>
>>  From what I've read, C++ is exactly like C, but 80% more complicated.
>> Given that I could bearly produce working code in C with the tutor's
>> help, my chances of getting anywhere with C++ are basically nil.
>
>     In terms of actual coding, in some ways C++ is simpler and more
> intuitive than C. Also more readable.
>
>     I would say learning C++ is easier than C.
>
>     Seriously,

Manual memory management? Pointers vs references? Copy constructors and
assignment constructors? The macro preprocessor? Method overrides that
don't actually override unless you insert special code? Templates?
Untrapped numeric overflows? Unchecked array indicies?

Sure. Sounds really simple to me...

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/