POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Games programmers : Re: Games programmers Server Time
10 Oct 2024 11:17:49 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Games programmers
From: Mueen Nawaz
Date: 11 Sep 2008 10:34:53
Message: <48c92c8d$1@news.povray.org>
Invisible wrote:
>> I figure that if you use the std::string class you're safe from that.
>> I haven't tried, though.
>
> Wait... you mean they made it a class?

	Well, you *do* know that was the whole point of C++, right?

	Trust me - I felt like you for a long time. Until I finally found a
good, recent book. Then I realized I'd been learning it the wrong way
all along.

	Most of the books I had read assumed you didn't know too much about
programming, and would emphasize basic skills: Loops, arrays, even
C-style strings (character arrays). They'd make sure you could do the
basics. Stuff like vectors would be introduced way at the end, and stuff
like sets and maps often not at all.

	I didn't need a book that taught me the basics of programming. I assume
you don't either. So finally I got a book that taught me how things
should be done in C++. Then I realized C++ code doesn't have to be
*that* ugly.

--
Who is General Failure and why is he reading my hard-disk.

                    /  \/  \ u e e n     /  \/  a w a z
                                    anl