POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Games programmers : Re: Games programmers Server Time
7 Sep 2024 11:25:06 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Games programmers
From: Invisible
Date: 11 Sep 2008 09:36:26
Message: <48c91eda$1@news.povray.org>
>> printf() is usually the part I'm trying to debug. (As in, it prints
>> gibberish instead of printing what I was expecting.)
>>
> Once you've figured how to put in the right format for the type you want
> to print, you know enough to debug.

Well you'd think so, and yet even with the correct format strings, it
doesn't always print what it's supposed to.

> If you consider that this is harder than learning Haskell...

I still don't get it: Learning Haskell is *easy*, not hard.

> Hell, in C++ it's even easier as there is not even this problem of
> formats anymore...

So I hear. This presumably doesn't stop a program from segfaulting when
you try to append a string from stdin to a string constant or some such.

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/