POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Mail In Rebates : Re: Mail In Rebates Server Time
10 Oct 2024 01:33:49 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Mail In Rebates
From: Tom Austin
Date: 10 Sep 2008 12:31:02
Message: <48c7f646$1@news.povray.org>
Mike Raiford wrote:
> Tom Austin wrote:
>> It is me, or does it seem that as communication gets faster and more
>> reliable due to computers that rebates take longer and longer.
>>
>> I just filled out a rebate that stated that checks would be mailed out
>> 16 weeks after the end of the rebate period.
>>
>> What happened to 6-8 weeks......
>>

> Did you dot your I's, and cross your T's? Did you happen to read the
> clause that says you must enclose a few wing scales from some rare
> species of moth along with the rebate form. Were you able to jump
> through the flaming ring without so much as a singed eyebrow? If so, and
> provided you used your best penmanship, you might receive the rebate.

One rebate was straight forward - UPC, rebate form, and receipt - 6-8
week turn around.

The other one.... had the flaming ring.
Register online - all I's and T's must be crossed on the first try or
rebate invalid.
Fill out form that asked what my great great great grandchild's name is
going to be.
Provide email address (temporary email would be disqualified and
invalidate rebate)
Write online info on back of envelope.
Get your rebate in 16 weeks.

In some ways not too bad, but a lot of little things to make sure is right.

I really love the ones that send you a check that must be cashed in 30
days - but you get it only 5 days before the 30 days are up.