POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Games programmers : Re: Games programmers Server Time
7 Sep 2024 09:23:22 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Games programmers
From: Warp
Date: 10 Sep 2008 09:48:19
Message: <48c7d023@news.povray.org>
Slime <fak### [at] emailaddress> wrote:
> If you can learn an obscure language like Haskell, you can learn C++. If you
> learned C++, or maybe Java if you preferred, you could use that skill to get
> a job you would like (games or not). Why don't you put the time into it? I
> had a lot of fun with C++ and OpenGL in college. It's really not that hard
> to learn for someone like you.

  The big problem with someone who has programmed almost exclusively with
a language like Haskell for the past years is that he will be very biased
towards the features and strong points of that language, and will then be
constantly pulling his hair when trying to code something in C++. "Why do
I have to do it like this? It's stupid. Why can't I do it like in Haskell?"

--
                                                          - Warp