POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Games programmers : Re: Games programmers Server Time
7 Sep 2024 09:24:39 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Games programmers
From: Slime
Date: 9 Sep 2008 23:01:50
Message: <48c7389e@news.povray.org>
> (As some of you may remember, the careers advice guy said I should
> consider games programming. Personally I think it's a pretty absurd idea.
> If there's this many people wanting to get in, it must be pretty
> competetive. And presumably being hyper-fluent in C and/or C++ is an
> absolute mandatory requirement. Both of these things pretty much instantly
> rule me out completely...)

If you can learn an obscure language like Haskell, you can learn C++. If you
learned C++, or maybe Java if you preferred, you could use that skill to get
a job you would like (games or not). Why don't you put the time into it? I
had a lot of fun with C++ and OpenGL in college. It's really not that hard
to learn for someone like you.

 - Slime
 [ http://www.slimeland.com/ ]