POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Minor details : Re: Minor details Server Time
7 Sep 2024 01:19:57 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Minor details
From: Warp
Date: 9 Sep 2008 11:20:22
Message: <48c69436@news.povray.org>
Invisible <voi### [at] devnull> wrote:
> Well, Haskell compiled by GHC. But GHC actually uses GNU tools such as
> GCC, GAS and LD behind the scenes. (Yes, even on Windoze. They ship them
> with GHC.)

> If it's just a case of linking a suitable blob of binary data into my
> program, it would be quite trivial to ask LD to do that. If it involves
> something more complex... I guess I'll just not bother with it. ;-)

  I have no idea how you define an icon for a Windows application if
the compiler doesn't have direct support for it.

  With Visual Studio you simply import an .ico file as a resource, and
that's it. Nothing else is needed. I don't have the faintest idea about
how you do it with other compilers.

--
                                                          - Warp