POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Games programmers : Re: Games programmers Server Time
10 Oct 2024 01:38:31 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Games programmers
From: Invisible
Date: 9 Sep 2008 05:17:07
Message: <48c63f13$1@news.povray.org>
Jim Holsenback wrote:

> They are really pushing games programming here. They've even started a
> course in the high school's here. The part that bugs me is that it's called
> Information Technology around here. I keep trying to coin a new term
> (Entertainment Technology) but it hasn't taken hold. I guess that's the "old
> school" in me that see's Information Technology in a more traditional sense.

Hmm. Becuase there's a *really big market* for games programmers, right?

<cynic>Or rather, there's a really big market for students who want to
study games programming.</cynic>

> You should see the looks I get when I say that I'm fluent in fortran, ada,
> and pascal, so I guess you're right about that!

Next time - just for giggles - tell then you're fluent in "Haskell" and
see what kind of a reaction that gets. ;-)

(Alternatively, try "Lisp". People have at least *heard* of that...)

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/