POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : All shopped out : Re: All shopped out Server Time
10 Oct 2024 01:38:29 EDT (-0400)
  Re: All shopped out
From: Warp
Date: 8 Sep 2008 18:53:24
Message: <48c5ace3@news.povray.org>
St. <dot### [at] dotcom> wrote:
>     But, let's get this straight. (Sorry Andrew, I'm really not trying to
> talk in the third-person view here), but if Andrew moved away, would his
> Mother leave him alone to get on with it?? Somehow, I don't think so. So
> he'll still be trapped, but in an alien World.

>    Just my opinion from what I've learnt in life.

  It depends a lot on the mother, of course. Some mothers more or less
kick their children out of the house (with the best of intentions, of
course) when they become too old (ie. approximately over 20), while
others wouldn't want to let go no matter what. Of course most mothers
are somewhere in between these two extremes, who might be a bit worried
to see their children move out, but who understand perfectly that that's
how life goes on. In my experience most mothers don't have too much
problems letting their children go (even if they feel nostalgic doing so).
Of course this depends a lot on the local culture too.

  Naturally in some cases the children moving out is a matter of necessity,
eg. because of them going to college/university in another city or, in
some cases, because of getting married.

  Then there are differences between mothers of people who have moved out.
Some mothers want to be in constant contact and to know every detail of
what their child is doing, calling almost every day and visiting often
(and demanding their child to visit often), especially if the distance
is not too large, while others leave their children in peace. The worst
mothers are the ones who want complete control of their children's lives
because they feel abandoned and unneeded.

  At some point people just have to leave home. That's part of life.
IMO parents shouldn't make this too difficult, but support their children
in this process, especially if they fear leaving the comfort of home sweet
home to the big cruel world.

--
                                                          - Warp