POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Coins : Re: Coins Server Time
1 Jun 2024 05:07:16 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Coins
From: Orchid XP v8
Date: 8 Sep 2008 15:32:29
Message: <48c57dcd$1@news.povray.org>
scott wrote:
> Did you know, that if you had a ton of old 2 pence pieces (worth 2800
> pounds), you could melt them down and sell the ton of copper for the
> going price of 4300 pounds.
>
> Surely something has gone wrong when the things we use to represent the
> actual money are worth more than the money itself?

Here's a thought: How much money does it take to make a sheet of special
paper, emboss a watermark onto it, weave a thin strip of foil through
it, print it with 15 unique inks at a trillion DPI on both sides, print
it again with UV ink, print a hologram onto it, and label it in six
places with a globally-unique code number?

Cos that is apparently how they make bank notes! ;-)

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/