POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Oddworld : Re: Oddworld Server Time
10 Oct 2024 07:49:39 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Oddworld
From: Invisible
Date: 8 Sep 2008 05:54:59
Message: <48c4f673$1@news.povray.org>
Phil Cook wrote:

> I've got it for the PS1, was actually replaying it only last month. I
> tend to get to that bit where you have a choice of multiple doors in the
> temple then start tearing my hair out. It's the save points that mess me
> up, heh I recall one point where you needed a mount to cross, but I'd
> got to a save point and switched off. Came back to that save point sans
> mount and had to hop back over the jumps to fetch it again.

Amusingly, the PC version still has things like "press X to continue" in
it. ;-)

I spent an hour or so completing one of those puzzles, and then the game
crashed. I was NOT happy! In all, the game seems a little bit glitchy.

My sound card probably doesn't help. It's an expensive low-latency
model. But it also takes a split second to initialise before it will
play any sound. And Oddessy seems to initialise it only when it wants to
play some sound. This generally results in most of the sound not
playing. (Windoze has the same issue.)

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/